Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today I felt like the Samaritan Woman...Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not...



I guzzled down so many glasses of lemonade today. It was kind of ridiculous. The weather was soo perfect. It wasn't hot or cold. There was just the right amount of wind to give you a cool breeze every now and then. It was just beautiful but somehow no matter where I went I just kept getting thirsty. I had raspberry lemonade at the restaurant and then we walked past some place that was selling strawberry lemonade and I had to have that too. I just couldn't help myself and It was soo good! I started thinking about how in life, In the past, I always seemed to want more when it came to natural thing like clothes, shoes, books or whatever but, the point I'm trying to make is that everything on this Earth is Temporary! Yes, your body needs water (not lemonade ;) to survive. You have to keep refueling to maintain your health and that's how I feel about the word of God. I've been going back and reading scriptures that I thought I knew everything about but, then when I read it again I realize that I missed out on something. Stay thirsty for God! This is not our home and you can't take any of your material possessions with you. Yes, it may suffice or please you for a little while but not for long. I got this dress a couple of months ago and I just had to have it but now I don't care too much for it. I'm learning a lesson everyday. Don't spend too much money on frivolous stuff because it's not what's important. Living a life that's pleasing to God and making it to heaven is what matters! It's so wonderful to know that when we finally get to heaven, we won't need all of this extra stuff! Continue to stay thirsty for the Lord and seek him before everything else. So, here is my favorite scripture for the day-
John 4:13-15 KJV
13Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 15The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment