Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So Many Books; So Little Time... :)

First let me just say that I am known for reading 3 to 4 books at a time. It relaxes me and it helps me think. I know that this may sound a little dorky but sometimes I'd rather stay at home with a good book rather than have a night out. It all depends on my mood. So, today I decided to blog about what I'm reading right now. So far, Romantic hand knits is pretty decent. I love the skirts and I find it fascinating that if you know how to knit you can make some pretty cool stuff! Seriously, like who knew?? I always thought that knitting was for old people. This book has completely changed my point of view...
I'm also reading the self help book below. It covers like EVERYTHING! Like- Health, Fitness, Eating right, Happiness, Beauty, Style, Sex, Money, Relationships, and Home. I found some helpful information on all of those categories. There was only one that I had to skim over! lol! Yeah, but the Fitness section was pretty cool :) I'm looking forward to trying some of the workouts... I guess? NOT! lol! But I learned how to "steam away" sinus troubles which is really helpful considering I have sinus troubles. Sniff, sniff... :) I had mixed thoughts when I got this book but so far it's really good. She starts off asking the question "What am I here for? What is my purpose?" The book is really motivating. She included topics like, "Check Your Motives," "Do What You Love," and "Dream Big!" So, yes. I can get with that :)
I'm also reading a fiction book titled, Zora's Cry. There is a Reading Group Guide in the back so that you can have a Women's Group Discussion or Book Club. The book is really deep and it brings up issues that Young Adults and Middle Age people face in the church. So far, I give this book 5stars. I've cried and I've laughed out loud and I'm only on Chapter 21. There are 42 chapters in the book. So I guess you can say I'm about half way through...

Well, that's all for now...next I'll be reading one girls life story on growing up in a Polygamous sect and how she broke free from the community. I'm a little hesitant to read it but my curiosity always gets the best of me :)
~An apple a day is good for your body; a chapter a day is good for your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment