Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Though the storms in my life keep on raging...


In this particular picture Jesus walks on water and saves Peter from drowning.
It just goes to show you that God can and will do the impossible for you!

I'm sitting here beside my sis thinking of what I should say on my blog today. She is currently grading papers and my cousin, Ashton just left to head back home to the city. Today was fun. He kept me laughing about everything. The rest of my family is watching some Angelina Jolie movie (Salt, I think?) that I didn't feel like watching so, I took the extra time to read a scripture out of Job that we covered this morning. The message was encouraging. It really motivated me to work harder on killing my flesh.  I'm striving for a closer walk with Jesus and he is putting my faith to the test. Having blind faith can be the most difficult thing if you're not focused on God. It's so easy to focus on your problem or storm instead of Jesus. They say Instead of looking at your problem you should look at God! Everyday there is a test that I have to pass. Our test are to make us stronger and bring us closer to him. I'm learning more and more to praise him during my storm and remain positive. Negativity is not faith. I was told that God uses trouble to bring us around and make us think and focus better. I seem to get my best prayers through when I'm in trouble. Am I the only one who's prayers seem to get more extreme when problems arise? There is definitely a blessing in every lesson.

My main goal is to become more humble and less focus on the things of this world. The life we live should be as worship unto God. I've included 2 of my favorite scriptures. I hope that it will be beneficial to you as it is to me.
When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7
And we know that all things work together for good to them that Love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. Be grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment